Welcome to the future of energyWe’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future and better for our customer’s wallets with fair and affordable plans. Through our proprietary platform and custom-built stack, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, we’re revolutionizing what’s possible in energy. We’re transforming the way people interact with their energy company, by making it approachable, easy-to-understand, and most importantly, 100% renewable. We’ve distinguished ourselves by being named 2020’s Energy Provider of the Year, which highlights our commitment to exceptional customer service. We’ve just hopped across the pond in the US and are making big strides in Texas...but that’s only the beginning. Come join our rapidly growing team as we continue to break barriers in energy. We are seeking Customer Support Representatives (Energy Specialists) to work in our Operations Team delivering end to end customer service. This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to join an exciting scale-up business within the energy supply sector and a chance to start your journey building a career.
What you'll do
- Talk to customers over the phone or via email
- Engage with industry stakeholders, and highlighting inefficiencies
- Take full responsibility for all issues that you come across, you will be delivering end to end customer service. Gone are the days of customers getting stuck in a never-ending loop of being transferred between departments, you’ll be fully trained in every aspect of the customer experience and be able to help with any problem.
- Highly motivated and lots of drive to succeed is a must
- MS Office Suite Proficient
- Highly organized
- Quick Learner
- Takes instruction easily and follows through
- Fluency in Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Urdu, Yoruba, & Arabic is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree
The types of people we would love to hear from are those that are...
- Excited to help customers - Customers are at the centre of everything we do. From the CEO to our Data Scientists, everyone across the business deals with customers. In Operations, we’re at the forefront and the main point of call for all our customers and it will be your main responsibility to go to the ends of the earth to keep our customers impressed and excited about Octopus Energy being their energy supplier.
- Open minded - We’re a rapidly growing company, which means sometimes things go wrong, and we don’t shy away from this. We take everything as a learning curve and expect you to as well, being proactive in spotting weak areas and suggesting solutions and improvements to the customer’s experience.
- Approachable - Everything we do in operations, and across Octopus, is built around teamwork. People in our teams are always there to support and help each other and we expect everyone to be a team player.
- Inclusive - We are looking to continue building our wonderful, inclusive culture full of enthusiastic, unique and diverse people from all backgrounds as we grow and continue to change the industry.
- Dedicated to sustainability - As a renewable energy supplier, those who are a part of our team are also deeply committed to helping in any way they can in their own lives in the fight against climate change and making a positive impact for the future.
- Committed to improvement - Our energy specialists are the main point of call for our customers and their input hugely shapes the customer journey. We are looking for people who will actively looking for ways in which we can improve the customer experience and not be afraid to speak up.
- A strong work ethic - A role in operations is very fast paced and can be challenging at times. We’re looking for people who can deal with challenging situations and who are responsible for their own future by working extremely hard to achieve their goals.
Getting to this point would not have been possible without the commitment and hard work of everyone in the team. Every Friday afternoon we have ‘Family Dinner’, where all our teams connect through a video link with snacks and drinks for updates from the week and to recognize achievements across the teams. We are growing very quickly and enjoy celebrating our hard-earned milestones, so don’t be surprised if we have a little celebration here and there (sometimes with bouncy castles full of cuddly Octopuses), like when we reached half a million customers. If you want to be a part of this team and journey then we want to hear from you.If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you. At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.