Welcome to the future of energyWe’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future and better for our customer’s wallets with fair and affordable plans. Through our proprietary platform and custom-built stack, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, we’re revolutionizing what’s possible in energy. We’re transforming the way people interact with their energy company, by making it approachable, easy-to-understand, and most importantly, 100% renewable. We’ve distinguished ourselves by being named 2020’s Energy Provider of the Year, which highlights our commitment to exceptional customer service. We’ve just hopped across the pond in the US and are making big strides in Texas...but that’s only the beginning. Come join our rapidly growing team as we continue to break barriers in energy. Our company is a fast-growing, disruptive technology startup transforming the customer experience of buying retail electricity, opening new markets for competitive renewable generation, and decarbonizing the energy stack. Our customer experience is built around a cross-platform mobile app that delivers up-to-the minute transparency into energy use, prices, and carbon footprint.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working alongside other talented people in the tech department. You’ll solve problems with technology to make us, and the industry, smarter and better for customers.
What You'll Do:
- Build and maintain components in our mobile and web applications
- Design and maintain clean, reliable, and testable code in alignment with best practices and internal standards
- Communicate with the marketing and product teams to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
What You'll Have:
- Can write solid, semantic HTML and have experience writing SASS
- Have experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices
- Can create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms
- Can take Photoshop/Sketch designs and bring them to life in code
- GraphQL & Apollo
- Styled components & SASS
- Jest & Enzyme
- Django/Python (server side and templating)
It Would Be Great If You Had:
- Experience with the Django templating language a plus
- Experience working in an agile team
- Prototyping skills in Sketch, Figma, or similar
- D3js Experience
- Working knowledge of GraphQL
Why you'll love about us
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you. At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options including FSAs
- Unlimited paid time off — we know working hard means also being able to recharge as needed, we trust our employees to get the work done and take the time they need
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Parental leave. Biological, adoptive and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible working environment: you need to shift around your schedule? You do you, we genuinely believe in work/life balance
- Equity Options: every Octopus employee owns part of the business. We’re a team, working together towards huge goals. Every person is crucial to our success, you should be rewarded as such
- Modern office or co-working spaces depending on location