Job Mission: The mission of the company is to create 3B acres of new forest to solve climate change. The Recruitment team contributes to this mission by: Having a deep understanding of our global hiring needs while attracting quality talent who will contribute to our company’s mission of saving the planet. We focus on providing an outstanding candidate experience designed to hire the best talent, quickly and efficiently. The Senior Recruiter is highly visible across the organization and requires close partnership with hiring managers and business leaders from all departments. You will stay close to current and upcoming talent needs, while aligning with the Head of Talent to continuously improve on our recruitment strategies, processes and systems.
- Provide outstanding candidate and hiring manager experience around the world.
- Ensure candidates have a clear understanding of the specific roles and responsibilities, and always provide candidates with clear and timely feedback.
- Drive continuous recruiting process improvement; leveraging automation to eliminate manual work, and streamlining processes and establishing a consistent recruitment experience across the board.
- Keep everything in our Applicant Tracking System (Lever) up to date in order to support reporting and enable data driven decision-making.
- Utilize creative recruiting strategies that contribute to build an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Leverage multiple recruiting sources and techniques to identify and engage active and passive candidates, including LinkedIn, search engines, niche job boards, social media, organizations and societies.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects based on your interests (e.g. create candidate resources, make improvements to our applicant tracking system, help with reporting, and more).
- Work on strategic events and initiatives to attract top talent to join the Terraformation team.
About Terraformation We’re a fast-growing startup that cares passionately about solving the climate crisis. Our mission is to reverse climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution. We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects. We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission. Learn more at terraformation.com.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and demonstrated success as an in-house recruiter managing the entire recruiting life-cycle process.
- Successfully recruiting for roles around the world and across departments such as engineering, forestry, business development, marketing and everything in between.
- Experience navigating negotiations involving competitive offers and equity.
- A positive attitude and passion to learn. This role is a high touch and high impact role with lots of opportunities to be a cultural ambassador and foster our values.
- Expert organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively - you can easily handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Passion for Terraformation’s mission and highly motivated to help solve the climate crisis.
Ecosystems & Biodiversity