As an Operations Specialist on the first shift within Base Operations, you will be responsible for making sure vehicle calibrations are up-to-date and statuses are reported across multiple teams. Additionally, you will help to ensure fleet vehicles are primed and ready for daily use by deploying software and troubleshooting both new and existing issues; thereby, directly contributing to the mission success of Zoox. Vaccine Requirement
The Operations Specialist is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assist with the deployment of software to fleet vehicles and conduct pre-mission checklists at the beginning of each day as well as throughout the day, as the operations schedule dictates.
- Work across various teams to determine the calibration status on all fleet vehicles.
- Manually drive test fleet vehicles to collect data after upgrades or repairs are performed.
- Process collected data and utilize tooling which consists of a terminal, GUI, and version control software to marshal the processing of sensor calibrations. Conduct on-vehicle and offline validation.
- Clear and concise communication to the necessary teams and channels on the status of each calibration.
- Collaborate with our technical and engineering teams to troubleshoot issues and communicate solutions.
- Ensure the vehicles, equipment, and the workplace are clean and ready for use.
- Provide logistical support to the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness.
- On-site work starting at 6:00 AM - Monday through Friday
- Must have a valid drivers license & clean/excellent driving record
- May be asked to travel locally to other sites from time to time
- Ability to quickly problem solve and deliver on high-pressure situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Great communication skills
- Be able to work within a team environment
- Excited about fleet management and autonomous vehicles
- Prior experience with Ubuntu Basic programming knowledge
- Proficiency in Jira/Confluence
- Experience with Smartsheets
- Proficiency in MS Office/Google Suite, especially Excel or Sheets
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.