About Pivot Bio
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Product Development Agronomist; Kansas or Nebraska
We are seeking a field agronomist having expertise in the development and commercialization of seed-applied biological technologies for multiple crops across North America. This role is an essential part of our product development and commercialization team, bridging our research and discovery team with the growers we seek to support. Providing technical and agronomic support to Pivot Bio sales teams and to our grower-customers will be critical for success in this role.
- Provide technical and agronomic support for commercialization of seed-applied biological technologies to Pivot Bio sales teams including best practices for seed treatment application, and crop production practices particularly regarding nitrogen management in corn and wheat.
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of on-farm field trial protocols with a focus on biological seed treatments including location identification, in-season trial data collection, and protocol summarization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers and universities for product validation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with research and discovery colleagues to help steward current products and introduce new products.
- Provide written agronomy research summaries and technical product use guides in support of product development, positioning and commercialization.
- Regularly integrate emerging technology tools for evaluation of products as well as grower demonstrations.
- Travel up to 40% of the time.
Required skills, experience:
- Master’s or PhD in Agronomy or Horticulture related field preferred. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Horticulture related field plus at least five years’ field research experience required.
- Expertise in commercial crop production practices including plant nutrition especially nitrogen management in corn and wheat.
- Expertise in the evaluation of biological technologies through the implementation of on-farm research protocols and product demonstrations.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills supported by proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Strong practical knowledge of and experience with crop protection product applications, data capture/entry.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
- Must be able to repetitively lift to 55 lbs.
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule