At Pegasus Solar, you’ll join a fun dynamic team passionate about creating the best solar products and delivering the best service for our customers –installers, distributors and ultimately homeowners.
Driven by a passion for innovation, Pegasus designs and manufactures solar mounting systems for residential and small commercial applications. Founded in 2012, Pegasus continually works in close partnership with the most experienced contractors and manufacturing experts to engineer our solar mounting products and accelerate the adoption of solar energy.
About the Position:
As a Mechanical Engineer at Pegasus, you will be one of three other engineers working to design and develop the best possible products for solar installers. You will work closely with the design and manufacturing engineers to design, test, and implement improvements to our current components and systems. Pegasus is a great place for engineers who love to get their hands dirty and own projects from inception to implementation.
The position is based at our headquarters in Richmond, CA, with flexibility to work remotely a few days per week.
- Work with design engineers to create and carry out testing plans that define the structural and dimensional limitations of the design
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering and external suppliers to improve existing designs and processes
- Manage our 2D drawing portfolio directly with our suppliers within a PLM system
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings of various components using Solidworks
- Validate systems and components with fast cycles of learning for deployment into the field as the next generation of solar mounting systems
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar engineering field (industrial / manufacturing) with at least two years of full-time work experience
- Understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5, and ability to generate detailed 2D part and assembly drawings for manufacturing
- DFM / DFA experience with several of the following fields: castings, extrusions, sheet metal stampings, injection molding, cold heading
- Fast learner who is eager to seek out knowledge past the requirements of their current project
- Fluent in Solidworks, with a focus on efficient workflow
- Proficient in using hand tools and light power tools to build test fixtures
- CNC machining and CAM programming experience
- Familiar with construction methods and codes (ASCE 7-16 / IBC / ADM)
- Experience implementing or installing residential solar