Who we are
. Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.Recent press:Pachama is #1 most innovative AI company Jeff Bezos' Last Shareholder UpdatePachama to monitor and manage Mercado Libre forest projectsThe role.
Our Marketplace team is looking for a software engineer to help build out the next generation of our platform to provide impactful tools and services for individuals and businesses wanting to restore nature to fight climate change. Our Marketplace team is responsible for communicating project impact, showcasing customer impact, connecting customers with projects, and growing demand.
You'll be working alongside a team of sustainability experts, forest scientists, machine learning experts, designers, and customers to understand stakeholder needs and deliver high-quality, delightful products. The public APIs you’ll be creating will touch a wide range of audiences in the carbon credit and forest carbon project space from the environmentally responsible corporations and individuals to the forest projects themselves.
We're looking for full-stack engineers who find joy in the craft of building and want to make an impact. Engineers who push forward initiatives by asking great questions, cutting through ambiguity, and organizing to win. Engineers who are relentlessly detail-oriented, methodical in their approach to understanding trade-offs, place the highest emphasis on building, and building quickly.
- Build public APIs to integrate with leading platforms
- Create project pages infused with data-driven storytelling
- Solve complex problems without known answers
- Provide a platform to share forest project profiles
- Allow for the future like-minded individuals to subscribe
- Integrate machine learning output into our marketplace
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- Designing and implementing from first-principles
- Executing in ambiguous environments
- Using best practices for building React apps, Typescript, and Python systems.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures, domain-driven design, and event-driven systems.
- Delivering high-quality software designs and implementations (e.g. API, data models, performance, look and feel).
Bonus points if you:
- Feel a drive to learn fast, ship high-quality software, and own solutions end-to-end
- Enjoy taking part in strategic thinking and take apart problems
- Are persistent, curious, humble, and like to have fun!
- Python (e.g FastAPI, Tensorflow)
- Postgres / PostGIS