The Energize Careers program is seeking a full-time Climate Corps fellow to support Energize Careers at Rio Hondo College.
Energize Careers aims to create a diverse and representative sustainability workforce through the economic empowerment of people who experience barriers to employment by helping them access high-wage, high-growth green career opportunities. The Energize Careers Program provides holistic services to support workers through technical training, job placement, and employment support. Energize Careers training partners include pre-apprenticeship programs, apprenticeship programs, community-based training organizations, and community colleges to provide technical sustainability training to underserved individuals, and we collaborate with wrap around service providers and industry partners to provide participants with services and support to secure and retain high-wage, high-growth green career opportunities.
This Energize Careers Fellowship is a full-time position based at Rio Hondo College in Whittier, California. Rio Hondo College is a California Community College serving El Monte, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, South El Monte, and Whittier. The Fellow in this position will support the administration of Career and Technical Education designed to provide high-quality architecture and drafting training programs that prepare students for careers in cutting-edge energy efficient design, at Rio Hondo and throughout the LA Region.
- Standard office practices or procedures
- Standard office software and modern office equipment
- Standard formats for business correspondence and other communications
- Methods of filing information using alpha, numeric, and alphanumeric systems
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all employees and others encountered in the course of work
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Perform multiple tasks
- Prioritize work and assignments
- Present information
- Prepare reports
- An educational background in a sustainability related field (volunteer and internship experience will also be considered)
- Community outreach experience
- Interest in workforce development programs and the California Community College system
- Project management skills
- Report to the Regional Director of Employer Engagement for the Energy Construction & Utilities Sector - Los Angeles
- Pull data and fill in templates to create labor market reports that faculty can use in their courses.
- Create an Energize Careers fellowship workplan that includes goals and outcomes to be accomplished while working at Rio Hondo College.
- Track, report, and present Energize Careers fellowship program outcomes to faculty and deans.
- Support Career and Technical Education projects in marketing, job development, curriculum and project design.
- Support faculty and instructors in offering high quality training for energy and sustainability careers. This may include research, development of instructional materials, and instructional support in the classroom
- Support training partners in program launch, grant management and participant tracking
- Identify and develop relationships with local employers and partner organizations to support participant recruitment, support services, and job placement
SEI requires employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.