Revamp Engineering, Inc. is an engineering design firm focused on renewable energy projects. Revamp harnesses the importance of transitioning to renewable energy and the know-how to do so. We are committed to doing our part in the energy transition and providing a welcoming workplace for talented people ready to make a real difference fighting climate change.
Revamp was an ENR Magazine Top 10 Solar Design Firm in only its 4th year of operation because of the work we completed on 10% of all solar installed in the country that year. Revamp has also recently been recognized as an Inc. 500 Fastest-Growing U.S. business and the fastest-growing engineering design firm in the country. We are a small, growing company that makes a big difference. Come join us!
Working remotely is an option for this position.
You can check out our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/revamp-engineering-inc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and implement interconnection standards and ensure compliance.
- Prepare interconnection application packages and setup load flow and dynamic models.
- Manage and perform system studies including but not limited to protective device coordination and the following explorations: short circuit, arc flash, load flows, ampacity, grounding, harmonic, and power quality
- Design collection systems, including cable routing and cable sizing
- Prepare drawings of grid interconnection and collection system for interconnection applications
- Visit project sites to assess and document site dimensions, electrical systems, PV array location and utility interconnection options
- Develop detailed equipment specifications and bill of material
- Gaining deep knowledge of PV system components such as modules, racking, inverters and Balance of Systems (BOS)
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations describing studies performed, solutions developed, and value obtained
- Interact with electrical contractors and clients on job sites to answer questions, review change requests, revise designs as needed to accommodate unanticipated field conditions, so forth
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed
Required Qualifications, Traits,and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Knowledge of electrical design theory and concepts
- Knowledge of power distribution and transmission systems design is a plus.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) is preferred
- Experience with PSS/E or PSLF is required.
- Experience working with different vendor provided dynamic models is preferred.
- Proficiency in design and drafting utilizing AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in ETAP, CDEGS, and CYMCAP is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Efficient time management –handle multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision including prioritizing, organizing, and planning effectively to meet all deadlines
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.