We’re a fast-growing startup that cares passionately about solving the climate crisis. Our mission is to reverse climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution.
We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects.
We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission.
Learn more at terraformation.com
We are looking for a Head of Sales to manage/oversee Terraformation’s sales operations and scale our revenue to the next level. The ideal candidate will be responsible for selling sponsorships of Terraformation’s reforestation projects to companies looking to make a contribution to reducing global warming.
The mission of the company is to create 3 billion acres of new forest to solve climate change. As the Head of Sales you will contribute to this mission by overseeing the sponsorship pipeline to increase the overall number of companies and foundations we work with around the world. This will include selling sponsorships for forestry projects and seed banks. You will report directly to the Global Head of Business Development and Sales while managing and growing a team of sales employees.
Location: Remote in either Europe or East Coast of United States
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets
- Create and communicate sales goals and ensure your team are informed on the progress of those goals
- Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers while partnering with them to better understand their business objectives and needs
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes
- Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals
- Report on forces that shift strategic directions of accounts and tactical budgets
- Lead a global team of sales and corporate relationship people
- 5 years of relevant sales experience, including some experience in the world of nature based solutions to climate change
- 3+ years of people management experience, while driving the sales process from start to finish
- Relationships with companies and foundations looking to make a difference
- Experience selling carbon credits or project sponsorships to corporations
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products
- Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Quarterly travel at a minimum
- This is a remote role, but must be located in either Europe or East Coast of United States
- Previous experience selling sponsorships and/or raising funds to support ecosystem restoration projects
Covid-19 Vaccination PolicyTerraformation requires anyone who engages in in-person activities (e.g., team meetings, meetings with vendors, visits to one of our worksites) or travels for work related purposes to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.