We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data- driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
Indigo Agriculture Europe is looking for a highly motivated candidate for an open intern position based out of the Basel office in Switzerland. The internship position will be a paid position for a period of 6 months and assigned to work within the carbon offer team.
- Support the development of Indigo’s carbon modeling capabilities in Europe including a deep analysis of the available soil carbon sequestration science
- Support the development of our carbon project development activities and the listing of projects in Europe
- Support the data collection and quality control of our carbon projects across Europe
- Overall support the establishment of the Indigo Carbon business in Europe
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Highly entrepreneurial, able to jump on a task and act fast, figuring out what and how to do it, reach out to people in/outside Indigo to get to results.
- Strong analytical/ problem solving skills.
- Able to present conclusions in professional/ management style.
- Comfortable in basic programming in any one popular software language.
- Comfortable engaging with farmers and working at field level.
- Previous experience (at research or work level) in Life Cycle Assessments and/or generally default emission factors.
- Passionate about the role agriculture can play in being part of the climate change solution.
- Social skills and positive can-do-it attitude.
- Highly motivated to learn and do a stellar internship job within a highly ambitious agtech company.
- Attention to detail
- Recent graduate with a degree in agronomy, agricultural economics, soil science, environmental sciences or similar. (Masters preferred)
- No previous business experience is required; however, relevant experience is welcome
- Fluency in English and German is required, with a third major European language strongly preferred
- The candidate must already possess the right to live and work in Switzerland
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.