Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints. With flexible work environments in Denver,
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using micro-transactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, and a sustainability core. Recently, we were recognized as Best for the World, in the top 5% of all B-Corps in the world for the category of Workers. It means we were recognized for our culture and our commitment to creating a people-centric value system.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be working with the Systems Engineering team writing firmware for embedded systems in Project Canary’s continuous monitoring devices. This role will require reading datasheets and schematics to develop communication with new and existing sensors, new board bring up, and various other firmware and embedded systems related tasks.
- Firmware design and development of microcontroller-based devices
- Help create, maintain, and adhere to company coding standards
- Maintain Revision Control
- Create and maintain design and user documentation
- Perform system failure analysis on firmware related issues
- Support electrical bring-up and debug of prototype hardware
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of embedded firmware development experience
- Experience with multi-threaded programming in an operating system, RTOS preferred
- Experience with multiple serial protocols (e.g. UART, I2C, SPI, CAN)
- Experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and protocol decoders
- Working knowledge of Python
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Experience with Amazon FreeRTOS for IoT devices connecting to Amazon Web Services
- Experience with IoT devices using cellular modem for communications
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $100,000- $125,000 annual base
- Stock options
- World recognized work culture - ranked top 5% of all B-Corps
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.