Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The EHS Specialist will support the Lab Manager with the development, implementation, and administration of environment, health and safety policies and programs. They will help researchers and engineers maintain compliance with city and state regulations. They will learn and grow as they are exposed to new and interesting challenges. This role will work closely with the lab services and safety teams to ensure that Twelve is providing a safe place to work for all team members.
What you will do:
- Manage communication with City of Berkeley, OSHA and California Environmental Reporting System regarding proper permitting compliance
- Collect, organize and maintain data and records for EHS permit compliance and reporting
- Be a resource for code compliance, safe chemical handling, proper hazardous waste storage and disposal and maximum allowable quantities
- Assist Lab Services Team with management of the Hazardous waste program
- Evaluate and report on potential hazards of current lab procedures
- Provide counsel on potential hazards of scaling up lab procedures
- Manage communication with safety related vendors (i.e. fire protection, waste management)
- Serve on the safety committee and provide training and counsel
- Be the technical team’s point of contact for any EHS concerns
- Procure PPE and other safety equipment to support new processes and equipment
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of EHS training to all team members
- Assist with shipping and receiving of hazardous materials samples
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in safety related field and/or equivalent experience/training
- You have 5+ years of experience in an EHS role
- You are knowledgeable on federal, state and local regulations as well as environmental, health and safety best management practices
- You are experienced in laboratory or manufacturing setting that use flammable gasses and chemicals
- You have earned certifications like the Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.
Energy, Materials & Manufacturing, Research & Education, Engineered Carbon Removal, Climate Adaptation