Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We have an immediate opening on the team for a Senior Chemist to develop scale-up synthesis of advanced catalyst products.
As a Senior Chemist, you will be responsible for conducting scale-up catalyst production and characterization, aiding in the design of improved catalyst materials for CO2 electrolysis, and analyzing experimental results to guide future directions. You will have opportunities to work on projects in collaboration with other teams at Twelve across various disciplines; we want you to learn new things in this role.
What You Will Do
- Synthesize catalysts using conventional and high-throughput techniques, equipment and a variety of preparative methods
- Develop new high throughput (HT) workflows and design of experiments (DOE) for catalyst preparation
- Work closely with process and production partners to scale up catalyst production
- Aid in the design of new catalysts and processes that deliver value to the team’s projects
- Characterize catalyst using methods such as TEM, SEM, BET, XRD and XPS
- Work-up, analyze, and present data using appropriate software packages and tools
- Establish SOPs for assays/procedures, provide training and supervise team members in implementing synthetic and process experiments
- Partner with cross-functional teams to advance new products and solve technical problems
- Independently summarize and interpret analytical and application data
- Author technical reports and present technical results to internal and external audiences
Who You Are
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field; Post-Doctoral experience is preferred
- You have the following technical background or capabilities:
- Strong background in the synthesis of heterogeneous catalysts (e.g. colloidal nanoparticles catalyst) using a variety of preparative methods. Candidates with direct experience in scale-up synthesis/flow synthesis/High throughput Security will be given priority
- Experienced in using automated laboratory hardware and software, and data analysis and reduction software (DOE and HT experience are preferred)
- Good structure-property understanding of diverse application areas
- Hands-on experience with sample preparation and analytical instruments (e.g. TEM, SEM, BET, XRD, XPS, TGA, HPLC, TPD/TPR)
- Strong record of publications and presentations in areas related to heterogeneous catalysis. (Experience in electrocatalysis and CO2 electroreduction is preferred but not required)
- You have high attention to detail and outstanding communication/presentation skills
- You are adept at working with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation leave
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.
Energy, Materials & Manufacturing, Research & Education, Engineered Carbon Removal, Climate Adaptation