Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to join our team. This role will be a technical role. The ideal fit will have a strong engineering background that includes gas processing and techno-economic analysis.
In this position, you will be responsible for creating technical customer-facing documentation, coordinating various partners in the US and Europe, and managing the dependencies between projects to achieve the overall delivery of the program. The majority of the projects would be related to R&D grants and industrial customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background, and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. You are motivated to deliver high-quality technical documentation, optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion.
What You Will Do
- Assist with proposal development, marketing, and business development efforts.
- Investigate and determine feasibility of potential downstream products for our electrolytic CO2 technology
- Develop process engineering documents working with other engineers and designers including process simulations, PFDs, HMBs, P&ID’s, general arrangements, equipment installation details, and process calculations.
- Strategize, develop, implement, and maintain program initiatives that contribute to the company objectives
- Organize and track daily and weekly responsibilities on project teams
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Manage collaborative relationships with external stakeholders on a project basis
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or related field
- Experience in process engineering modeling software such as Aspen or Aveva Process Simulation
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering firm working in process simulation, sizing of equipment, or commercialization of novel processes desired
- You have strong technical communication skills and ability to interface with business and technical stakeholders
- You have exceptional time management, facilitation and organizational skills
- You are adept at working with multiple stakeholders and leading by influence
- You are capable of thinking and planning strategically, while also keeping your eye on the crucial details and ensuring strong execution
- You learn and adapt quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Prior experience in contracts management and/or proposal writing in a large corporate environment is highly desirable
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.
Energy, Materials & Manufacturing, Research & Education, Engineered Carbon Removal, Climate Adaptation