Pledge makes it simple for businesses of every size to understand and manage the climate impact of their products. By providing tools and infrastructure, we automate the delivery of climate solutions - such as footprint measurement, reduction and offsetting - into customer journeys.
We're on a mission to make businesses climate aware and help accelerate their transition to net zero. Pledge was founded in 2021 by early employees of Revolut and the co-founder of Freetrade.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Pledge’s first Content Marketing Manager, this person is an excellent writer who will be responsible for the creation of messaging and outward-facing content to effectively influence Pledge’s target audiences. You will build the complete content strategy map for the company including the creation of talking points, press releases, social media and blog posts, briefing documents, public-facing presentations, website and customer collateral and thought leadership. . You will preserve the company’s tone and voice throughout all public facing placements and proofing and editing a wide range of documents.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Content Marketing Manager will own the complete strategy and execution end-to-end. You are expected to work cross-functionally and collaborate with sales, marketing, and product teams to build a fully integrated content go-to-market strategy that spans the full marketing lifecycle and business objectives.
You will also bring creativity to the role and drive inspiration and education by presenting Pledge in fresh, innovative and impactful ways. To be successful in this role, you’ll need self-motivation, a strong ability to focus and a dedication to success. Self-driven and passionate people thrive at Pledge!
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Be the company’s content evangelist and engine. Define, develop and create the overall content strategy for the field and company.
- Develop unique, engaging, solution-oriented content that can scale, while maintaining brand and product standards, voice, and style.
- Create content and marketing deliverables across the website, ebooks, email, blog, educational guides, testimonials, presentations, videos, opinion papers, social media pieces, press releases and other marketing formats.
- Drive content marketing programs and for cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Conduct content-focused tests through channel marketing activity and scale results to improve content engagement.
- Evaluate content metrics and iterate based on results.
- Interview customers and partners for testimonials and case studies to help us better address their needs through content.
- Drive productive partnerships with teams across Pledge to ensure our content continually raises the bar, while reaching our business objectives.
- Investigate and understand audience pain points to turn them into insightful, action-driving content.
- Manage and execute a content creation calendar of thought leadership opportunities
The ideal candidate has:
- Knowledge of sustainability, energy markets, green tech and climate change
- Proven experience in marketing in a creative writing-focused role developing content in English
- Ability to run multiple content creation streams in parallel and produce excellent products, on deadline
- Ability to work with a number of spokespeople, finding balance between individual voices and styles and the company’s voice and style
- Ability to think strategically while being hands-on, organised, and detail-oriented
- Creative storyteller with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using tech solutions to manage and measure content
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL
- You share Pledge’s mission to enable businesses to take action on their climate impact
- You can work autonomously and take ownership with a high degree of integrity
- You operate best without lots of bureaucracy
- You have an obsession for solving customer problems and get excited about spending time with users of your products
- You approach work in a logical way and operate from first principles
- Stock options - we are all owners of Pledge
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- Learning and development budget for books, courses, and conferences
- All the tech you need to perform
- Yearly offsite and team building events
Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering, Transportation
Biochar Production, Biomass, Tree Plantations (on Degraded Land), Tropical Forest Restoration