At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Director of Sales, Kroger is accountable for delivering a broad and deep relationship with Kroger, ensuring a longer term strategic relationship is maintained. The Director of Sales, Kroger aims to increase market share and deliver incremental contribution using incentives, initiatives, and commitment programs. The role requires a highly motivated person that can proactively meet Kroger’s expectations and take a hands‐on approach to problem solving by using their initiative and available resources to provide customer proposals and solutions. The Director of Sales, Kroger will work with Kroger buyers, department VPs, and other personnel, and lead a team of associates and analysts at Beyond to develop strategies to deliver against the strategic priorities of Beyond and Kroger. There is a strong preference that the Director of Sales, Kroger, is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Develop and maintain long term strategic relationships with key customers, establishing a sustainable platform for continued development of the Top‐to‐Top relationship between Beyond and Kroger
- Lead the preparation of strategic plans, encompassing sale and marketing activities, using category, consumer, shopper, and market information to maximize opportunities and value for both Beyond and Kroger
- Identify key decision‐makers within Kroger and develop action plans to deepen the relationships with relevant parties
- Develop an intimate understanding of Kroger’s business using a variety of sources and identify and explore commercial expansion opportunities
- Lead and execute annual planning, joint business planning, trade marketing budget and negotiations
- Manage and ensure forecast accuracy for current and new products and execute new product launches
- Align a large cross functional team including shopper insights, category management, supply chain, R&D, and RGM
- Monitor performance of strategic plans and evaluate successes, risks and opportunities and formulate plans to improve key indicators
- 8‐10 years experience of managing and expanding strategic accounts and relationships in CPG food sales, marketing, or strategy and a minimum of 5 years at Kroger or similar strategic accounts
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Extensive prior exposure to supporting and working with executive senior management
- Strong listening, questioning and negotiation skills ‐ outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Disciplined time management and ability to work under pressure in a cross functional environment
- Excellent proposal writing and presenting, project management and analytical skills
- Strong financial acumen, including P&L and SG&A
- Advanced computer software proficiency (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint, PowerBI)
- High level of expertise in analyzing information and making information based recommendations