Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants.Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team, we’re inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the negative environmental or public health impact.Our flagship product, ImpossibleTM Burger, uses 96% less land, 87% less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning. We’re working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for people and the planet. Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based revolution – from discovery and innovation to commercial production and consumer education. We’re building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists, and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these attributes in their work every day. Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it). Check out our job opening below:
- Support formula validations and prepare product samples with testing and organized data collection.
- Work in laboratory test kitchen to prepare, cook, and serve food samples for sensory test panels.
- Perform laboratory tasks in an organized and efficient manner, in accordance to safety practices in working with the laboratory equipment, chemicals and other materials.
- Develop and carry out cooking SOPs for assays and product validations for product end users.
- Coordinate product samples for testing from multiple sources.
- Communicate and work cross-functionally.
- Learn new equipment operation and methods based on new products and experiments.
- Document and communicate test findings effectively using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
- Follow detailed written protocols.
- Participate in internal sensory panels.
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping and accountability.
- Maintain laboratory kitchen equipment.
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Food Science and/or Culinary Arts with 1+ years of industry experience working in a research setting.
- Confident knowledge of scientific process (identifying controls, noise in data, hypothesis development).
- Agility using and documenting data and SOPs.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience in fast-paced environment where accuracy is important.
- Self-motivated to make meaningful contributions in a team environment.
- Self-motivated individual with good communication and organization skills.
- Positive, motivated, and hardworking attitude.
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.