Data is at the core of every decision at Lime - from designing vehicles, to deploying them, enhancing the user’s experience, optimizing our supply chain or warehouse operations. Every team at Lime engages with Data Science & Analytics. Our goal is to provide data insights and models that drive better business outcomes. We are looking for intellectually curious, highly motivated individuals to join our Data Science & Analytics team. You will partner with our Engineering, Product, and Operations teams to identify critical issues to the business, develop a deep understanding of them, and design scalable solutions. You will leverage your quantitative and modeling skills to transform signals into insights, and insights into actions. You should have strong ML or optimization modeling skills, analytical insights, excellent communication abilities, and a knack for working across teams in a fast-paced environment. This position is a US based remote position. The individual hired into this role must be comfortable supporting multiple time zones across the globe with primary support to Pacific Time.
What you'll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of a particular problem space that’s relevant to the business and propose solutions to improve it
- Build models that help optimize business decisions. Examples include demand forecasting, routing and labor pricing.
- Guide product and strategic decisions with experimentation and in-depth analyses
- Conduct statistical analysis to extract insights from the data and communicate findings
- MS or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- 2+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist
- Proficient in SQL and a programming language such as Python
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines and visualization tools
- Deep and practical understanding of probability and statistics, including causal inference
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning algorithms - practical experience building ML models preferred
- Solid understanding of optimization algorithms - practical experience around vehicle routing problem preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a general audience
- Strong communication skills with a consistent record of collaborating across a wide variety of teams and disciplines in a dynamic environment
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime's mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.This job cannot be performed in Colorado.