As Lime continues to grow as an industry leader in the micro-mobility space our Engineer team is adding a Senior Firmware Engineer to the team! In this role, you will design and build the core technology that makes our scooters and e-bikes not only safe to ride but most enjoyable. You will champion embedded system best practices and continually raise the bar for engineering excellence. You will work alongside a group of engineers, designers, and PMs from top schools that are experienced in building systems and apps at leading technology companies.Now is a great time to join Lime as we are at an inflection point of growth, scale, and profitability! If being an integral part in a company’s growth and success and seeing your work make a huge impact excites you, joining Lime as a Senior Firmware Engineer would be a great next step in your career!
What you'll do:
- Design and develop firmware for Lime’s mega-fleet of connected vehicles
- Collaborate with diverse teams from across the organization, including remote hardware and software development team
- Develop firmware installation and QC processes for new products
- Tune system performance and verify operational efficiencies
- 5+ years of firmware development experience
- Fluent with C/C++ and Linux + ARM based embedded system
- Fluent with TCP/IP; Experience with MQTT and other IOT protocols is a plus
- Experience with CAN / UART / IC2 / SPI and other communication protocols
- Experience with Firmware Over the Air Process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with on-device camera programming and AI inference is a plus
- Experience with Qualcomm MDM9X07 is a plus
- Experience with FreeRTOS is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication in Mandarin is a plus
What we offer:
Lime's mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world's leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world. This job cannot be performed within Colorado.
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.