Lime is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to join our Engineering team and help us to revolutionize the micro-mobility space! As a backend Software Engineer at Lime, you will build the core technology that powers Lime's global services. You will also craft systems that serve boatloads of requests from our connected vehicles and consumer-facing apps. On a typical day, you will work alongside a group of engineers, designers, and PMs with experience from top companies. We are a remote first organization and are accepting applications across the United State and Canada for this position.
What you'll do:
- Develop robust systems that serve both our user-facing apps and our internal tools
- Pick up new programming languages and frameworks on the fly and helping out where needed
- Closely monitor the performance of all critical parts of our stack and respond to system failures
- Be diligent about tracking data so that we have a good look into how we can improve our products
- Work with a talented team of designers, product managers, and operators
- Dogfood our product and document any bugs or feature requests
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Fluency in at least one web framework, such as Ruby on Rails
- You have experience working with relational databases
Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
!Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world. This job cannot be performed within Colorado.