Dispatch Goods is looking to expand their team! If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about sustainability and the circular economy, and want to build software to support the infrastructure for reuse, we’d love to chat!
Dispatch Goods is a fast-growing Seed stage start-up that’s building the infrastructure for reusable packaging, starting with food delivery and take-out! With leadership from Berkeley Haas, Stanford, Doordash, Caviar, Apple, and Google, the team at Dispatch Goods is creating the market for reusable packaging. Early customers, which include MIXT, Google, Imperfect Foods, Good Eggs, and 40+ other Bay Area restaurants, have helped replace over 200,000 items from the waste stream in 2021.
This role will report directly to the Head of Tech and work closely with the rest of the tech team.
You're excited about this opportunity because…
- You want to build software that could help meaningfully shift the way we consume as a society
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where your work makes a tangible difference within the company
- Sustainability is an important part of your ethos
- You are more excited about being on a speed boat than a cruise ship
- You like to roll up your sleeves in the early stages and learn in a “boots on the ground” fashion
- You seek a culture of kindness, curiosity, proactivity, collaboration, and humility
We're excited about you because…
- You are dedicated and gritty --- our waste system is in crisis mode, and we need to accelerate solutions
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- You're not afraid to speak up when you think something can be done a better way
- You have a high sense of customer empathy
- You take pride in your work. You can not only write code, but also rigorously test it
- You are curious and excited to learn new languages, frameworks, and integrations
- You love a good whiteboard session
- You are proactive, accountable, and communicative. You take ownership of your tasks and drive things forward
Why You'll Love Working at Dispatch Goods...
- We are defining an industry - Dispatch Goods is an early mover in an explosive space
- We <3 the Planet. So. Dang. Much. We all left careers in other sectors to specifically tackle this enormous challenge. We inspire each other.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed. We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of making reusables easy and delightful.
- We make mistakes, and encourage you to make mistakes as well - We are building something that doesn’t currently exist, so we are all learning in our roles. Taking risks is encouraged. Making mistakes is also encouraged.
Negotiable, a mix of salary & equity
Dispatch Goods Inc. (dispatchgoods.com) provides customers a simple and delightful circular system of reusable containers, helping to eliminate single-use foodware packaging, starting in San Francisco, with expansion plans nationally and worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow with an early stage start-up that is both disruptive and 100% sustainability/impact-driven. In August 2020, we graduated from UC Berkeley’s premier accelerator program, Skydeck followed by Techstars’ Food Tech program. In the past year, we have had strong market growth and adoption, both from the supply side (restaurant partners, catering companies, grocery providers & b2b strategic partnership) and the demand side (end consumers).
- Write robust front end/backend code
- Regularly communicate and demo progress to the rest of the team
- Run user interviews to gather feedback and contribute to design
- Contribute to requirements gathering for upcoming projects
- Act as an exemplar for our culture of kindness, curiosity, collaboration, and humility
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to triage and solve open-ended, ambiguous problems
- Experience with Angular, Django, and AWS
- Experience with logistics systems, e.g. inventory management
- Experience wireframing and designing user interfaces
The above represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria