Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. The estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. Aspiration is a certified B Corporation and, in fact, has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations four years in a row. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date and is growing quickly.
Aspiration Values Action:
We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders. Boldness:
We don’t tinker, we transform. Customer-Centered:
Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star. Diligence & Dedication:
We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it. Entrepreneurial:
Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Participate in the collection of data, review, coordination and filing of quarter to quarter SEC filing with transactional support from outside counsel.
- Manage outside corporate counsel relationships
- Collaborate with the CLO on strategic direction for the legal compliance and governance functions
- Assist with review of board and committee meeting materials, preparation of agendas for meetings and documentation of meetings
- Assist in preparation and review of other specialized disclosures, including sustainability reporting and annual ESG report
- Monitor ratings and reviews by proxy advisors and other corporate governance and ESG ratings for impact on corporate governance practices and disclosures
- Review investor relations materials and disclosures in connection with investor conferences
- Provide advice and support for general securities matters including Reg FD compliance
- Support preparation of proxy statement for annual meeting, including preparation of responses to shareholder proposals
- Monitor corporate governance developments and best practices for ongoing review against Aspiration’s practices
- Manage and oversee diligence processes for securities offerings and other financing transactions
- Assist the CLO with maintenance of subsidiary records and related requirements.
- Assist with support of the Company's M&A activity.
- Act as a trusted advisor to various business units, including investor relations, marketing, information technology and others as may be needed.
- Manage Assistant General Counsels and staff as needed.
What You'll Bring
- J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing with 7+ years of law firm or in-house counsel experience, required
- Major international law firm, SEC, and/or public company in-house experience desired
- Experience with high growth public or late stage private Fintech or digital innovation companies a plus
- Membership in at least 1 U.S State Bar, with good standing - Preference for experience with Delaware law and public company securities law
- Ability to quickly understand the business’ needs, apply solid professional judgment and work independently and effectively with business teams, other members of the Legal Department and other internal groups to create practical and business minded solutions and efficiently deliver results
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners (including high level company executives and board members) and external customers
- Excellent negotiation skills, including the soft skills necessary to encourage, motivate and influence
- Ability to independently solicit information and input from different stakeholders as necessary and appropriate
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision
What You'll Get
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.#BI-Remote
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture