Who we are
"Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Spend time with the Emitwise team, and you'll often hear this question being asked. At Emitwise, we've built a team that has the skillset and desire to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. Ultimately, we're a group of people disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make real impact through creative innovation.Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors who share our mission, including True Ventures and Ex Uber CEO Ryan Graves, we are a well-funded seed-stage start-up. Read more about us in publications like Forbes
, Business Insider
, and Fast Company
. Your Mission
At Emitwise, one of our core values is "Inspire and take action using data". As Emitwise grows, our need to quickly access meaningful insights from the data we are collecting about our product usage, our operations, and our software performance, grows with us. Reporting to the CTO, you will be our first dedicated data team member, and will be tasked with working with the rest of the product organisation to ensure that the data we are collecting is easily available to our team to measure progress, form new insights, and drive us forward.
We think in terms of impact, not strict responsibilities. Here's how you will contribute when you join:
- Build live dashboards for our team to view to understand our performance through KPIs and OKRs.
- Help people throughout the company solve problems they have through data analysis, both of operational and product data.
- Work closely with others in our product team to ensure that we are building appropriate tracking into every feature we implement.
- Help define the strategy for data analytics, understanding where we are today and where we need to get to.
There are a range of experiences and skills that will likely help you succeed in this role, including:
- You have experience in data analytics, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- Ability to work with python or R or similar coding language and ability to implement live analytics solutions.
- Experience working with stakeholders from a wide variety of backgrounds to answer questions of their data.
- You're passionate about data and using that data to improve & inform business decisions
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- Willingness to learn to work with new technology. (a lot of our data lives in a mongoDB, you will need to learn how to extract it)
What's in it for you?
What are you waiting for?
- Accelerating the global fight against climate change
- A competitive salary ranging between £35,000-50,000
- Being part of a supportive, collaborative team full of amazing talent
- Bringing advanced software solutions to a vital but antiquated industry
- Helping to manage the unpredictability of growing a company We also offer a range of benefits that we feel are critical to a happy, productive workplace, including generous holiday allowance, a personalised workspace, flexible working hours, social impact time off, professional development, mental health time off and a competitive compensation package.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join, a mission you'd like to be part of and a role you'd thrive in, then apply now! Whatever skills you bring to the table and whatever background you're coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. The time to act is now.----- Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We believe in the value of diversity
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.