EnergyHub seeks a Partner Operations Associate who can use their exceptional analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills to help us facilitate the growth and continuous improvement of our industry-leading network of distributed energy resource (DER) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) partners, including the leading technology providers in the electric vehicle, solar, energy storage, connected thermostat and water heater industries.
The Partner Operations Associate plays a crucial role in ensuring the health of EnergyHub’s DER partner ecosystem. From managing day-to-day operations of our DER partner relationships to building the business case for extending EnergyHub’s platform into new IoT and DER device classes, you will be involved in all aspects of managing our partner network. You will work closely with EnergyHub’s Client Success, Customer Support, Marketing, Utility Sales, Finance, and Product teams to ensure that our ecosystem partnerships support our business goals.
This is an ideal position for someone who wants to experience all operational aspects of a growing software business and be on the cutting edge of new clean energy technology.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with DER partners in coordination with Client Success, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, and Product teams
- Monitor technology partner-related work streams using project management software; identify technical or operational performance issues which need to be resolved or escalated to the senior business development team
- Onboard new DER partners onto our software platform and partner management processes
- Advocate with partners on behalf of EnergyHub and our utility clients for technical and business process improvements
- Work with other business development team members to resolve issues with partners related to their technical or operational performance in utility programs.
- Assist Client Success and Finance teams in managing monthly utility and partner invoice process in concert with Client Success team
- Support the Sales team by providing pre-sales technical and business consultation regarding partner capabilities
- Research market opportunities and leading IoT and DER vendors to help identify potential new partners in our ecosystem, and help develop business cases for integrating those partners’ devices with our platform
- Develop relationships with new potential partners via networking and attendance at industry events
- Assist the senior business development team in negotiating and executing contracts with new technology partners
- Willing to travel occasionally
Desired Abilities and Skills:
- Adept at building relationships that can create effective outcomes with business and technical personnel across our partners, utility clients, and EnergyHub’s internal teams
- Experience making decisions with less-than-complete information and ability to focus on and influence key drivers to help projects progress
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and manage internal stakeholders, including members of the senior management team, in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Willingness to communicate desired outcomes to internal and external stakeholders and hold others accountable for achieving those goals.
- Comfortable managing many projects/work streams concurrently
- Experience solving complex problems across multiple stakeholders and technology platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of work experience, preferably in a project management or consulting role
- Software and/or energy industry experience a plus
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.