The Senior Manager, Electric Vehicle Business Development helps drive new EV growth initiatives at EnergyHub. You know the top companies and people in the electric vehicle OEM, electric vehicle charging, telematics, and electric vehicle software service providers space, and can use that knowledge and network to help us identify, build and maintain relationships with external partners who can help us develop new business opportunities, add value to our platform, and create long-term revenue opportunities for us and our partners. You’re at the cutting edge of our business strategy, helping to expand our industry-leading partner ecosystem to allow us to continue to deliver cutting-edge EV management solutions to our utility clients.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and track electric vehicle industry trends to find new business opportunities for EnergyHub, working in collaboration with EnergyHub’s executive, strategy, product marketing, and corporate development teams
- Maintain knowledge of EnergyHub’s EV business and product roadmap in order to identify partners who could potentially benefit EnergyHub’s growth plans
- Develop and maintain knowledge of potential partners across our industry, including electric vehicle OEM, electric vehicle charging/supply equipment, telematics and electric vehicle software service providers
- Identify and build strong connections with key senior (VP/C-suite) stakeholders at potential partners in order to facilitate the growth of these partnerships
- Make the case with new and existing partners for win-win partnership models that serve EnergyHub’s long-term business goals
- Negotiate contracts with potential partners, working in collaboration with EnergyHub’s in-house counsel
- Manage partnership evolution over time with key partners to ensure that each partner’s business objectives are continually met
- Maintain relationships with senior stakeholders at our existing business partners, post-contract, in order to ensure that the
- partnership operates effectively and helps us achieve our business goals for the partnership
- Be one of the external faces of EnergyHub, representing the company by speaking on panels and attending industry conferences
- Advise the senior team on overall corporate strategy related to EV business development
What we look for:
Why work for EnergyHub?
- 6-8 years of experience in business development, partnership management, or consulting in the automotive, EV charging, or EV software industries
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated track record of developing deep and lasting relationships with senior leaders in technology-oriented industries
- Comfortable explaining new business models to potential partners and convincing them to work with you
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success in understand business and product requirements and incorporate these requirements into successful partnership models
- Comfortable with independent action and decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things. EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.