Redaptive is looking for a self-motivated, passionate, and collaborative Energy Engineer/Engineering Application Specialist to work closely with our growing International Electron team based in the US & India. The Energy Engineer- Application Specialist will collaborate with the Engineering Solutions, Data Analytics, and Business Development team. Redaptive is an energy management and technology company introducing the concept of EaaS (Efficiency-as-a-Service) and IoP (The Internet of Power) to the world. By successfully deploying energy savings projects with in-house metering technology, we are not only saving our customers millions of dollars, but we are being also good to the environment with highly efficient spaces.
- Apply subject matter expertise and critical thinking towards analyzing the data from:
- Energy meter - Site audit reports/ Utility Energy (energy use baselining/benchmarking)- Equipment specifications
- Good understanding of HVAC-R equipment and interpretation of equipment operation/health status from different electrical parameters.
- Diagnose HVAC and building system performance issues using interval KW data (asset level and whole building level data)
- Good understanding of different industrial equipment (e.g., air compressor, battery charger, bailer, etc.) and their operation.
- Good knowledge of basic electricals i.e., power quality, harmonics, power factor, etc.
- Good understanding of heat and mass transfer for different building technologies.
- Perform energy use/savings calculations on mechanical equipment and other building efficiency-related measures including Roof Top Units (RTUs), Air handling units (AHUs), Heat Pumps, Boilers, Chillers, etc.
- Identify new algorithms and energy conservation measures to showcase the value of energy data.
- Understand end customer’s requirement and develop solutions to address the same.
- Identify and create new use cases which can be converted to scaled and repeatable actionable insights.
- Develop anomaly/fault detection algorithm and root cause analysis methodology.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelors in an engineering field (Mechanical engineering or Electrical engineering), but other technical areas of study considered with strong experience.
- Masters in Building Energy Efficiency/Energy Management/Sustainability.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Building Energy Efficiency/Facility Optimization/Facility Management.
- Extensive and deep knowledge of building science and energy efficiency with a proven ability to apply domain knowledge in identifying new opportunities in the building sector.
- Sound technical knowledge and a high degree of familiarity with HVACR and other building systems.
- Should have a good understanding of international HVAC/Indoor Thermal Comfort/Energy Efficiency standards (e.g., ASHRAE 90.1 and ASHRAE 55).
- Familiarity with a wide range of energy conservation measures.
- Should be comfortable handling large quantities of information and keep it organized.
- Has significant experience creating energy models (ex. Bin Method).
Nice to have:
- Experience with HVAC and Lighting energy optimization techniques is preferred.
- Good understanding of different lighting technologies and energy use impact.
- Basic understanding of IPMVP based M&V methodology and strong math proficiency.
- Thoughtful in creating systems or outsourced programs to support calculations.
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Excel and Visual Basic.
- Experience and knowledge of building performance simulation tools and data analysis tools will be a distinctive advantage.
- Understanding and experience in solar storage technology is an added advantage.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP), or similar certification is preferred.
About Redaptive Inc.
- Able to thrive in a startup environment and work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Great attitude, willing, thoughtful, and proactive.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skill and presentation skills.
- Divergent Thinking and high attention to detail.
- Outside the box thinker and can push the limits.
- Comfortable with flexible working hours.
Redaptive is the leading Energy-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, and Evergy Ventures.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. We are looking for team members who are driven, passionate, and want to take on a diverse set of challenges to help grow a great company. Redaptive, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
#LI-RemoteCCPA Notice for California Job Applicants