Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable to the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.About The Role:Imperfect is searching for a dedicated Delivery Supervisor to join our growing team! As the Delivery Supervisor, you will be responsible for opening the facility on a daily basis and ensure all routes depart in a timely fashion. You will ensure all routes are set up properly for success prior to and during the delivery window. You will also be responsible for providing all of our vans are in proper operating condition in preparation for deliveries. You will be working very closely with the Delivery Manager in the day-to-day activities in the delivery department. If you're passionate about fighting food waste and making a meaningful impact on the produce industry, we'd love to talk!COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).
Why work at Imperfect:
- Competitive compensation- $56- $60k annually, based on experience. Bonus included
- Full benefits plan- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid Parental leave, Paid sick and Vacation time and 401k with match.
- Yearly Merit increases
- 8 paid holidays
- $100 a month in free Groceries
- Open facility on a daily basis and ensure all routes depart in a timely fashion
- Act as backup for extra routes if needed for drivers to ensure all deliveries are completed daily
- Train and audit delivery drivers of the team
- Partner with Delivery Manager to ensure all routes are mapped out efficiently
- Provide feedback for the delivery team on performance and assist with continued improvement
- Maintain and document the condition of vehicle fleet on a daily basis and coordinate in collaboration with the Delivery Manager on continued upkeep
- Perform a daily delivery route of last-mile residential deliveries
- Assist drivers in completing routes and closing out the facility on a daily basis
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of delivery experience
- 1+ years of managerial experience
- Highly comfortable navigating the area
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on-time delivery experience for each customer
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- You’re highly organized and strong attention to detail
- You’re able to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work
- You’re passionate about our mission to fight food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Domestic travel to new and existing local facilities required as needed
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Delivery
- Based out of our local operation
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
Imperfect's commitment to DEIImperfect Foods is steadfast in our commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams. DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.U.S. E-Verify Notice:
- Frequent driving
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.COVID update for on-site employees: All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.