Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints. With flexible work environments in Denver,
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using micro-transactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, and a sustainability core. Recently, we were recognized as Best for the World, in the top 5% of all B-Corps in the world for the category of Workers. It means we were recognized for our culture and our commitment to creating a people-centric value system.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will be a part of the People team reporting to the VP of People. They are responsible for developing a pipeline of exceptional talent to join Project Canary. In concert with the People Team’s vision, this role would be critical in recruiting positions for all departments for a fast-growing, early-stage, public benefit corporation. As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, and a sustainability core.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Full-cycle recruiting for entry to mid-level corporate positions ranging from software engineering, operations, customer success, finance, sales, marketing, certification engineering, and other support staff
- Sourcing for strong talent using various methodologies to build a pipeline of potential hires
- Culture ambassador who cares deeply about Project Canary’s vision and mission, and embodies the spirit internally with teammates and externally with potential candidates
- Partnering with teammates to gain insight into the business to attract the right talent
- Support onboarding of new teammates that creates a welcoming experience to transition into Project Canary’s culture
- Collaborating with universities and other networking groups with an emphasis on DEI
- Ability to connect with others in a genuine manner that is both inviting and authentic
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to tweak approaches and make quick improvements
- Great at sourcing for talent to help identify and narrow candidates quickly
- Growth mindset to grow as a recruiting professional and learn all aspects of business
- High EQ to observe business changes and provide level-headed decision making
- Affinity toward collaborating with others rather than work in a silo
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for the Company’s core values and ESG performance
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in full-cycle recruiting or sourcing with 2 recent years in tech recruiting
- Must reside near the Denver area (Open to hybrid approach)
- Prior experience with early-stage startups highly preferred
- Experience in ESG or Greentech recruiting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Vaccination required
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $60,000 - $80,000 annual base
- Stock options
- People-centric time-off policy and practice
- Learning and growing at one of the Best in the World recognized B-Corp with a tremendous roster
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.