Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints. With flexible work environments in Denver,
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using micro-transactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, and a sustainability core. Recently, we were recognized as Best for the World, in the top 5% of all B-Corps in the world for the category of Workers. It means we were recognized for our culture and our commitment to creating a people-centric value system.
The VP of Growth - Energy is responsible for all new revenue-generating processes within Project Canary. This person would be a seeker of new business and generating new revenue from the ground up, utilizing their network as well as leveraging challenger mindset to win new customers over with a strong value proposition offering.
This dedicated leader will be a member of the executive management team working directly with the CEO/CRO and partnering closely with the Product/Tech, Marketing, Customer Success, Operations, Finance, and People team for aligned sales that leads to maximizing a great customer experience.
Job Requirements will entail travel (domestic and international), navigating organizations to gain access to C-Level decision makers, communicating the value and benefits of the Project Canary solutions, handling complex contract negotiations, closing new deals, all while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Increase lead generation in concert with the Marketing team to increase the sales funnel
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with key customers and external stakeholders in oil and gas that leads to closing of deals
- Develop and implement scalable processes, to build, manage and execute on a balanced pipeline that supports the achievement of company growth
- Lead sales meetings to track success, accelerate deal cycles, increase average deal size, and improve forecasting accuracy
- Partner closely with Product, Technology, Marketing, Finance, People, and Operation teams for aligned expectations on delivery with customers
- Work with Finance and Operations team members to optimize pricing strategies to increase revenue
- Effectively resolve issues across the marketing, sales, customer success, and technology functions – must be comfortable with addressing issues and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner
- Provide thoughtful and strategic leadership to the energy sales team to meet growth goals
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for the Company’s core values and ESG performance
- Strategic Planner: Organized mindset in developing a clear strategy on an overall playbook, metric creation, workforce planning, and sales life cycles
- Startup Mindset: High degree of comfort with testing, pivoting on strategies or tactics, action biased mindset, and navigating frequent change
- Effective Negotiator: Proven sales skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations, and closing with both new and existing clients
- Analytical Capability: Ability to mine, analyze and interpret data and use data to make business decisions that will drive ongoing revenue growth
- Communication: (i) Ability to inspire sales in a positive manner, (ii) create a strong working relationship with key client personnel, (iii) provide clear, concise communication to the team on future growth strategies
- Teamwork: Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Technology, Operations, People, Legal, and Finance teams to drive company growth and success
- Organization: Exceptional time management skills, and ability to seamlessly transition from management to execution activities daily
- Proven results as a VP of Growth in a similarly relevant role in energy technology
- Previous sales leadership experience, managing a team delivering B2B customer contracts with annual revenues exceeding $20 million
- Experience implementing revenue generating strategies in a high growth organization
- Demonstrated record of setting challenging goals and maintaining organizational accountability to achieve results
- Access to a large network of key stakeholders within the oil and gas industry
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree, MBA or similar, preferred
- Alignment with the mission and vision of a PBC and B-Corp
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $170,000 - $220,000 annual base
- Stock options
- Variable Bonus tied to revenue growth
- World recognized work culture – ranked in top 5% of all B-Corps
- Flexible work environment
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.