Do well by doing good.
Ready for a challenge? EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our tools. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out coverage on us in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Currently we have 55 employees and we are growing fast. Read more about the team here.
Marketing at EnergySage
We have grown by focusing on consumer education, with an organic customer acquisition strategy. We're heavier on great content marketing, organic search, content partnerships, and earned media than we are on paid media. We have one of the best CAC/LTV ratios out there. We need your help to build on this momentum.
Our marketing team currently consists of high-performing individuals in search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, content creation, communications, CRM, and demand generation who care deeply about driving greater adoption of modern, clean energy technologies.
The VP Marketing Role
In this highly exciting and collaborative role reporting to the CEO, and as a member of the senior team, you will be responsible for creating the marketing strategy, setting primary KPIs, and driving tactical execution. You will lead and evolve the entire marketing engine:
- Brand building and positioning: Evolve our messaging and overall brand architecture as we scale and add new products to our marketplace.
- Content strategy and creation: Lead content organization, strategy, and execution – building out new and creative content strategies to bring top-notch and relevant content to EnergySage visitors and marketplace shoppers.
- Product marketing: Work closely with product, design, engineering, and business intelligence to launch new products and product enhancements, leveraging market research as well as consumer and industry insights.
- Performance marketing to grow the customer base and overall company revenue: Lead digital advertising, paid search and display, email marketing, referral marketing, social media, SEO and landing page conversion testing.
What You’ll Do:
- Evolve our brand and messaging platforms as we evolve from a solar-centric marketplace to a broader renewable energy marketplace (featuring multiple products)
- Conduct consumer, industry and competitive research to fuel new product development and smart content marketing/thought leadership
- Scale existing channels efficiently, and unlock and scale new channels (paid media, social media marketing, etc.)
- Expand industry thought leadership and advocacy; creatively nurture and grow media relationships
- Lead and accelerate our content strategy and execution (including how we organize and deliver our content to users) – we are sitting on a ton of great metadata; can you come up with something like Zillow's Zestimate, for instance?
- Align product upgrades with online consumer behavior -- augmenting our product marketing team and approach
- Develop nurture marketing and craft new lifecycle marketing strategies to build loyalty and generate cross-sell revenue
- Design co-marketing programs with OEMs, like manufacturers of solar panels and batteries
- Evolve the marketing organization as the company scales
- Contribute significantly to the successful scaling of the business, including establishing business priorities, strategies, KPIs, structures, and processes
- Contribute to overall company strategy, culture-building, and maturing
- ~7+ years demonstrated success in consumer marketing and/or relevant experience/education (e.g., MBA); with ~3 years in management/leadership
- Data-driven marketing experience in digital businesses and/or online marketplaces
- Full-funnel marketing leadership for a startup or a line of business
- Background in B2C marketing (some B2B experience preferred but not necessary)
- People management of high performing marketing teams of 10-20 individuals
- Ability to be process-driven and strategic, applying best practices to big picture priorities
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills
- Comfort executing in a matrixed organization with collaboration at all levels across functions
- A strong interest in, and sense of responsibility for, effectively scaling the business to reach its fullest potential
- Energized by, and able to thrive in, a start-up environment
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we welcome team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.