Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable to the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.About the Role:Imperfect is searching for a dedicated Delivery Manager to join our growing team! As the Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for managing a fleet of drivers. It will be your job to ensure drivers are set up for success prior to starting their route each day. As the main contact with our vehicle vendor, you will be responsible for ensuring vans are in proper operating condition in preparation for deliveries. Keeping an eye on our delivery metrics, you will have a direct impact on Imperfect growth. If you're passionate about eliminating food waste and making a meaningful impact on the grocery industry, we'd love to talk!COVID update for on-site employees:All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).
- Hire and train delivery drivers
- Manage and provide feedback to 40-50 full-time and part-time drivers daily
- Track and analyze delivery metrics and continuously strive to meet KPI's
- Partner with Delivery Dispatcher to ensure all routes are mapped out efficiently
- Manage relationship with Penske, our delivery van leasing partner
- Coordinate regular maintenance check ups with Penske
- Managing and tracking goals for your operations and direct report and effectively utilizing and developing KPIs to assist.
- You have an analytical mindset, and make data driven decisions.
- Supporting Regional Manager to execute region’s goals
- Interview, Recruit, Onboard, and Train Driver to ensure best talent on team and a fit with Company Core Values
- Ensuring Safety policies and procedures are upheld, and that minimum performance is met and exceeded
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a delivery role3+ years of experience managing drivers
- Highly comfortable navigating the area
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on-time delivery experience for each customer
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and adept at analyzing metrics
- You’re highly organized and strong attention to detail
- You’re able to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work
- You’re passionate about our mission to fight food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Delivery
- Competitive Salary- $65k- $70k, commensurate with experience. Generous Bonus and Stock Options included
- Based out of our local operation
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K with match, paid parental leave and 8 paid holidays
- Domestic travel to new and existing local facilities required as needed
- $100 a month in free groceries
Imperfect's commitment to DEIImperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams. DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.U.S. E-Verify Notice:
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Able to work in cold temperatures in a refrigerated environment
Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.COVID update for on-site employees: All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).