mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future. Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As an Electrochemical Cell Design Engineer
, your mission will be to drive innovative solutions to the design and manufacturing of components for Electric Hydrogen’s groundbreaking electrolysis cell. This position will be based onsite in our Lab/Office in Natick, MA.
- Design and build electrochemical cells
- Design and develop, and implement electrolysis cell components: electrocatalysts, diffusion and catalyst layer, membranes and coatings
- Detailed engineering design and optimization of critical components affecting the electrolysis cell performance and durability
- Tuning material, components and interfaces to fit functional requirements
- Electrochemical, mechanical, chemical and structural characterization of cell component and constituents
- Bottom-up engineering analysis of our next-generation electrolysis cell
- Interface with modelers, manufacturing, and stack engineers for 360 degree cell design
- Performance-driven design of processes and materials to enable low-cost renewable hydrogen
- Work with an outstanding group of suppliers to get parts built and tested for H2 production
- Design and execute experimental plan to optimize performance and durability
- BS required (Chem Eng, Materials Eng, Chemistry or other science and engineering discipline)
- 2-5 years in industrial R&D in chemical, materials, or device-design or equivalent non-industrial experience
- MS or Ph.D. preferred
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, handling multiple ongoing responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to always seek a better way to do things and question "why not?"
- Ability to independently interpret and collaboratively discuss the quality and importance of test results
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
- Essential sense of humor
- Scrappy self-starter with an ability to spot problems and actively solve them
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy. About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.