Think Smart Electric Vehicles & Modern Mobility are super cool? Get a kick out of driving strategy and execution for scaled impact? Want to participate in building out a meaningful business from the ground up? Then this opportunity might be for you: The Business & Corporate Development Team at NIO USA is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of NIO’s Go-To-Market for the Americas. This is a strategic corporate initiative, sponsored by the CEO & CFO, and comes with high visibility and tall expectations! NIO’s Go-To-Market Approach has an intense focus on the user experience - on car and beyond the car. NIO Houses / Spaces and NIO Power Swap Stations / Chargers have provided the key physical infrastructure to support NIO users’ experience and journey with NIO. As the Head, User Infrastructure Construction & Readiness, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of key NIO infrastructure in the Americas, to support NIO’s business model and user experiences. NIO’s infrastructure must be strategically located, built in compliance with local standards, and adhere to NIO’s global expectations. You will lead the collaboration with world-class internal experts and external partners to have that infrastructure built out from scratch to scale in the Americas. This position reports to the VP, Business and Corporate Development at our San Jose, CA office.
- Drive and own the end-to-end, on-time and within-budget delivery of NIO’s core user infrastructure in the Americas.
- Develop a detailed infrastructure readiness plan for each infrastructure category, aligned with business objectives and budgets. Secure executive approval for the plan, and drive the execution of the plan.
- Study the range of incentives available for each infrastructure category, and propose approaches to optimize buildout for incentives.
- Based on business requirements and user experience requirements, develop the selection criteria and process for construction partners, and lead NIO through that process to final partner selections. Provide input to legal team on key contract terms.
- Influence and contribute to the process of real estate broker selection, assessing capability and fit to support construction readiness. Provide input to legal team on key contract terms.
- Lead the location scouting within each infrastructure category, working closely with real estate broker and infrastructure experience managers.
- Engage with executive management to secure the approval of design for each infrastructure category.
- From site selection to final completion, own the infrastructure buildout process and plans, to ensure that the final buildout completely represents the design vision and expectation.
- Working with the construction partner, lead the process of all necessary permitting in a timely manner, to ensure the compliance of delivered infrastructure.
- Actively manage the infrastructure readiness risks, and mitigate with speed and precision.
- As needed and supported by executive management - recruit, train, manage and scale team to support infrastructure readiness deliverables.
- Collaborate with senior cross-functional stakeholders on strategic location & readiness related topics and decisions; bring insights on critical topics, translate the insights into actionable plans, and help execute as needed.
- For all assigned responsibilities, own the outcome: Evangelize, lead, collaborate, motivate, persuade - internally and externally, and deliver exceptional outcomes backed by world-class work-product!
- 10+ years of experience leading construction and infrastructure readiness for world-class premium retail or luxury hospitality businesses.
- Demonstrated proficiency in construction project management - managing multiple parallel projects, and managing the quick buildout from pilots to scaled infrastructure.
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivering projects to design and business specifications - managing deliverables through external construction partners, holding all involved partners to a high standard of quality and accountability.
- Demonstrated expertise on delivering constructed premium interior design, working with specialist suppliers and contractors.
- Expertise on infrastructure compliance requirements and approval processes, particularly those related to electric power.
- Expertise in incentives available for power storage or EV charging infrastructure.
- Expertise in construction project and budget management, and in structuring construction contracts with terms to mitigate against key risks.
- Startup attitude - high motivation and willingness to take on a big challenge with potential for significant impact.
- Bias towards action, willingness to roll up sleeves and “solve” forward.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Construction Engineering, or equivalent.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.