WHO YOU ARE
As a Maintenance Technician in the R&D and Battery Operations group you will support production and research equipment with PM’s, tool and facility-related issues to help maintain up and running our R&D activities. You are an attentive, diligent and curious associate who will help create and demonstrate the next generation of battery materials. You are someone who takes ownership of your work, strives for perfection and is passionate about achieving team goals and objectives while enabling a safe and reliable use of Sila’s equipment by documenting work thoroughly and communicating status to affected groups.
- Complete PM’s: Work with R&D Process and Equipment Engineering to schedule and perform PM’s on assigned tools.
- Operations Support: Respond to trouble calls related to our R&D Operations equipment and facilities.
- Training and communication: Train on all equipment tools, reach out to the equipment engineering team for answers to questions and request training as needed. Communicate tool status to the day shift and keep supervisor updated on ongoing projects weekly.
- Build new equipment: support the engineering functions to fabricate and assemble new R&D and production tools. Projects include mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aspects.
- Commissioning/Decommissioning: own or support commission/decommission activities (mechanical, electrical, controls) on process equipment, supporting equipment, process gas supply systems, and battery equipment.
- Continuously improve: propose and implement new or improved systems, SOPs, and tools to streamline maintenance tasks and reduce downtime. Identify and execute upgrades to facility infrastructure to support tools and bring new capabilities online.
- Ability to work carefully and safely with delicate parts and large tools
- History of consistently completing tasks efficiently and to a high standard
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and vacuum equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Logical thought process and desire to learn; “can-do” attitude
- Like to work as part of a team while also capable of solving problems alone
- Consistent and clear communication across multiple teams/shifts
- Flexibility to work in swing shift hours and accommodate to occasional adjustments
- Conscientious, curious, and deliberate approach to problem-solving
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to walk long distances and stand for extended periods of time
- May occasionally kneel or bend
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection when required
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and safety shoes