At Zoomo, we're leading the charge in enabling our vision to transition every urban mile to light electric vehicles (LEV) that are accessible to build carbon-neutral cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable, and safe e-bike platform.
In the short span since the founders went full time in 2019, Zoomo has raised over $30M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built world-leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint across Australia, France, United Kingdom, United States, and the Philippines, where we. are now the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies like Uber, DoorDash, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Wholefoods, Gorillas, Just Eat, Getir, and many more.
The Mobile Bike Mechanic’s job is key to our success and you will play an essential part in ensuring our customers have a great experience at their own premises and ensuring our own workshop is well maintained and services are done according to Zoomo’s policies.
- Mentor and motivate bike mechanics to deliver timely and high quality services to the riders.
- Use a moped to visit customers to deliver a high quality service.
- Repair and servicing of bikes to the highest of standards as expected by Zoomo.
- Diagnose required services, fault find and service Zoomo e-bikes to enable them to return to the rider in a safe and fully operational condition.
- Manage inspections on fleet and returns ensuring they are available and safe to use.
- Ensure that the workshop is kept tidy and in tip-top shape.
- Ensure availability of work tools, parts, and other necessary equipment required for the performance of services.
- Train new mechanics and less experienced mechanics on Zoomo processes, procedures and provide technical upskilling to team members when required Conduct regular stock takes and inspections on work tools, parts and equipment.
- Ensure all services comply with health and safety laws, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for the performance bike mechanics and bike builders.
- Implement and continuously monitor team KPIs.
- Maintain documentation and proper records of work operations and decisions taken.
- Supervise and coordinate bike mechanics to ensure proper resolution of customer warranty and servicing requests.
- Promote our values when interacting with Zoomo riders and suppliers.
- Experience working as a bike mechanic (electric or not), we are willing to consider candidates coming from other fields such as car or motorcycle mechanics.
- Great analytical and organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in building a successful team by helping with the recruitment, onboarding, and ongoing training processes.
- Ability to improve and implement new processes.
- Ability to create relevant reports and analyse data to drive improvement in service and product.
- Cytech Level 2 bicycle mechanics training or equivalent would be ideal but not essential.
- A full UK driving licence
- A Compulsory basic training (CBT) licence would be ideal but not essential.
- Experience with e-bikes or lithium ion batteries
- Flexibility to work across our London locations when required and flexibility to work shifts including weekends where appropriate.
- To be able to work as part of a team, collaborating with the Zoomo teams worldwide
- A passion for bikes!
You will get exposure to a fast growing industry, and be around some very talented people in a highly collaborative space.
- A competitive salary
- Compulsory basic training (CBT) licence provided, depending on suitability and criteria.
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong management team and global presence
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development.
- Working with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers.
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do.
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
- Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined even existed, at high pace
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.