Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. For every year that a customer spends with Inspire Clean Energy, they have a greater impact on climate change than 10 years of strict recycling.
Our rapidly growing team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet.
The Manager, Content and Editorial will own content and copy development including ideation, writing, and editing of content across Inspire brand touch points, weaving Inspire’s brand voice and tone into all content and copy/messaging, ensuring all content and copy/messaging meet regulatory expectations across all of the above touch points.
This role is responsible for driving brand-aligned and industry-related editorial content that helps to bring Inspire’s brand story and mission to life with current members and prospective customers. This role will work cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure deliverables meet project needs for acquisition, retention, brand awareness, and audience engagement. This role reports to the Director of Campaigns & Content.
THE MANAGER, CONTENT & EDITORIAL HAS 6 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integrate Inspire’s brand voice into all branded materials across the organization, ensuring consistency across the website, social, blog, marketing materials, products, and interdepartmental needs; ensuring all copy decisions support the success of Inspire’s mission and vision
- Uphold and enforce copy style guidelines and best practices across all deliverables. This includes maintaining an up-to-date accessible library of copy-related best practices and supporting documents, ensuring changes are communicated cross-functionally and with a sense of urgency (e.g. regulatory changes, shifts in messaging)
- Advise and educate internal stakeholders and external agency partners and freelancers on copy-related decisions, best practices, and strategies
- Lead content development in alignment with content strategy, from tactical planning and concept development, to production and performance analysis; this includes keeping a finger on the pulse across clean energy, climate change, and sustainability and tapping into opportunities to participate in relevant conversations
- Manage content calendar to support a range of Inspire initiatives such as ongoing brand and educational storytelling, campaigns, product launches, company news, partnerships, notable events/holidays, current or trending events, and ad-hoc communications needs
- Ideate, write, edit, optimize, and publish on-site blog articles that are aligned with the brand mission and support the development of Inspire’s brand recognition as a trusted thought leader in the clean energy space; ensure content is optimized for activation across relevant channels, notably social
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Lead on-brand copywriting, editing, and development across marketing efforts (e.g. direct mail, field marketing, email, digital ads, partnerships, website, and social) to ensure messaging consistency; maintain regular touch bases with stakeholders managing efforts above to stay abreast of program developments and launches and upcoming content and copy/messaging needs
- Manage regulatory messaging revamp across all applicable Inspire touchpoints, ensuring cross-functional stakeholders are aligned on the latest messaging updates
- Support and inform copy development for Climate and Natural Gas (2H 2021), using both pre and post-launch learnings to inform the development of messaging across the user experience and marketing funnel
- Lead on-brand UX and microcopy writing, development, and support across product development efforts to clearly and succinctly communicate product features and offerings
- Maintain an organized, thorough, and always up-to-date database of copy best practices, guidelines, and tested/approved on-brand copy options to support the seamless development of copy for all of the above projects
- Ensure content creation efforts reflect the needs/voice/mission of the brand, are on schedule with the editorial calendar, and support product/marketing campaigns
- Execute upon 2021 content strategy to support the growth of each of the above projects
- 4- 5 years in copy driven, editorial content management roles
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to create content that is consistent, innovative, and educational without sacrificing clarity or deviating from the brand mission/voice
- An understanding of both SEO and organic social best practices to inform strategic content development, resulting in ongoing audience engagement
- Experience establishing and managing content development workflows
- Strong cross-functional relationship skills to move projects forward both internally and externally
Nice to Have
- Team leadership experience to effectively manage freelance writers and external partners, such as SEO Agency
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment
- Experience with data analysis