SCS Global Services (SCS) is a global leader in third-party certification, auditing, testing services, and standards. Established as an independent third-party certification firm in 1984, our goal is to recognize the highest levels of performance in environmental protection and social responsibility in the private and public sectors, and to stimulate continuous improvement in sustainable development. SCS holds itself to the highest standards in the industry and has been accredited by numerous accreditation bodies covering over 50 different certification systems, including food and agriculture, forestry, greenhouse gas, indoor air quality, sustainable furniture and biofuels.
The Senior Technical Associate provides assistance in assigned food safety schemes, ensures integrity of certification processes, decisions, and compliance with scheme owner and accreditation requirements. The position requires expertise in the relevant standard/scheme(s) regulations, third party auditing experience, food safety hazards and control strategies, and certification accreditation requirements. The Senior Technical Associate works with the Senior Technical Manager to assure staff members are effectively trained in the scheme operations and technical requirements.
- GFSI Schemes: SQF, BRCGS, and FSSC 22000
- SCS In-house GMP Programs
- Client Specific Programs
Roles and Responsibilities
Certification Scheme Management
- Maintain knowledge and qualification in scheme, accreditation, and regulatory requirements by actively monitoring updates, newsletters, alerts, etc., attending trainings, conducting audits, performing technical reviews and certification decisions.
- Conduct technical report reviews, make certification decisions, and manage certification process
- Issue and support process to approve suspensions, terminations, and reinstatements of certificates
- Act as the backup point of contact with the scheme owner and ensure all operational and technical scheme requirements are communicated and effectively implemented.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to ensure all elements of the quality management systems are maintained in compliance and ensure certification integrity, including leading internal audit findings, complaints, and appeals investigation and resolution.
- Perform 3rd party audits under multiple GFSI Scheme, In-house programs, and client specific programs
- Perform Witness Audits and be a point of contact for existing auditors
Program Quality and Development
- Provide backup assistance in the development and implementation of scheme procedures, guidance, and training materials to increase quality and efficiency of auditing services and certification processes.
- Partner with operations and audit management to ensure all staff maintain current knowledge and training of the scheme requirements.
- Manage auditor approval and ongoing maintenance of auditor qualification and competence records in external databases.
Client Support and Communication
- Provide assistance with technical interpretation and support program and sales staff in resolving complex technical questions
- Maintain sense of urgency and excellence in responsiveness to matters effecting client service and satisfaction.
- Support and, if needed, represent the program for internal SCS initiatives, such as ISO accreditation, etc.
- Participate in webinars, trade shows, and support sales calls to provide technical sales support.
- Additional tasks as requested by the Director and Manager.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a related field (e.g. food science, biology, agricultural science, or equivalent).
- At least two years third-party auditing experience in the assigned schemes
- Credentials and experience as a lead auditor in one or more services that SCS offers
- English language fluency and experience that involves professional written and verbal communication; preference to candidates with Spanish fluency
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Initiative, good judgement, and ability to work independently under pressure in a changing environment
- Ability to complete time-sensitive projects and to provide realistic deadlines, time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Initiative and ability to work independently as well as on a team, responsive and adaptive personality.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Proficiency in Outlook
- Ability to travel domestically up to 75%
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered, unless precluded by local and national jurisdiction. Pursuant to local and national law--proof of vaccination required. Medical and religious accommodations will also be considered.
Primarily an office-based – including home office - job. Sit/stand 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to speak and listen in person and on the phone. Audit observation may require extensive walking on farms in fields and/or in food processing facilities.
- Office primarily when not performing audits for clients
- Processing equipment in facilities
- Pesticide and other chemical storage facilities
- Temperature extremes of high heat or cold
*SCS, Working Remotely:
At this time, SCS Global Services is recruiting all open roles to be remote; allowing our employees the ability to work flexibly and allowing SCS as a company to diversify the experience and perspectives of our growing workforce.
As part of our remote work, we want to ensure that our employees have what they need to work from home. We provide our new employees with a computer and can offer assistance in acquiring ergonomic necessities.
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training