Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is seeking a Prototyping Engineer to join our Engineering Team. You will build new test platforms for investigating CO 2 conversion, as well as maintain and troubleshoot existing infrastructure, and assist with development and prototyping of new test equipment and methods. In this role, you will work on projects in collaboration with other teams at Twelve across various disciplines.
This is a full time role based in Berkeley, CA
What you’ll do
- Design and build systems and instrumentation for CO 2 conversion processes
- Investigate and validate new characterization techniques through the use of sensors, hardware, and test methodologies
- Troubleshoot and repair test equipment such as mass flow controllers, power supplies, and gas chromatographs
- Help automate operation, data acquisition, storage, and analysis
- Document assembly and operating procedures for new equipment and systems
- Develop systems enabling Twelve to prove out its technology and applications at larger scales.
Who you are
- You have hands-on experience designing and building hardware and/or scientific equipment.\
- You have experience prototyping across several disciplines of engineering, such as through prior work experience, senior-design projects, internships, or hobby projects, and can demonstrate at least 2 of the following:
- CAD experience (especially design and fabrication of custom parts).
- Knowledge of environmental and safety regulations pertaining to toxic and flammable gasses (e.g. Class I Division II environments).
- Experience with PLCs and HMIs.
- Understanding of laboratory characterization equipment such as gas chromatographs.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and software.
- Electronics experience specifying and installing sensors with different interfaces such as analog current and voltage signals as well as digital communication.
- Experience with gas separation equipment.
- Familiarity with electrochemical systems like fuel cells, batteries, electrolyzers, etc. and relevant characterization equipment like potentiostats.
- Strong desire and curiosity to learn new things.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy, Materials & Manufacturing, Research & Education, Climate Adaptation