About the Role:
As an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture, while preforming routine preventative, planned and emergency equipment repairs and services while complying with regulatory requirements and AppHarvest company standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in all safety programs i.e., LOTO, Fall Protection, and Energized Equipment Safety.
- Work weekend and holidays as needed
- Read and comprehend technical manuals and instructions.
- Ensure operation of production and support equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, gearboxes, pumps, piping systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor systems, and packaging machines. Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications, troubleshooting malfunctions and frequency driven PM’s using CMMS program.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment problems.
- Develop and maintain schedules for preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on equipment using CMMS program.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring & testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Control downtime by informing production of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate repair parts by using maintenance shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level. Anticipate needed equipment, parts and supplies to complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs utilizing CMMS program.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, 5S processes and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or general education degree; or at least 5-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a well-rounded knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment, and materials used within the Maintenance Technicians’ trade.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups (e.g., employees).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, basic math skills, basic algebra, and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of complex instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. Must be able to stand for periods of time, or walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be frequently able to lift or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and may be frequently exposed to the risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places up to 30 feet, fumes, or airborne particles; inclement weather conditions, and loud noise levels in the work environment.