As an Assistant Grower at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by assisting with the management of growing operations for AppHarvest 30-acre hydroponic controlled-environment agriculture facility in Somerset, KY.
What You’ll Do:
- Assists with growing produce commodities.(Strawberry / Cucumbers)
- Works with the Grow team to plan and execute crop work.
- Ensures crop work is completed on time and within quality requirements.
- Works with IPM team to manage pest and disease control.
- Assists in fertilization, irrigation, and climate control needs.
- Interprets measured data from crop and climate registration.
- Validates scouting reports to confirm accuracy and reliability.
- Assists with the timely implementation of management’s plant health plan directives.
- Performs soil, water, and disease tests as needed.
- Facilitates trials of new products prior to use within the facility.
- Ensures on-time placement of product orders for scouting needs.
- Maintains up to date records and reports.
- Provides support for and adheres to food and health safety standards.
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Chemistry, Horticulture, or Agriculture or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in horticulture.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Bilingual / Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of horticultural pests, diseases, and safety standards identification.
- Experience in greenhouse growing facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of PRIVA and experience with technical greenhouse systems is a plus.
- Stand, walk, twist, bend, sit, enter data into a computer, and / or frequently lift objects up to 55 pounds (may require sustained repetitive motion)
- 100% company paid insurance premiums (Medical, Dental and Vision Plans)
- 401K Company Match 100% of First 3%- 50% of next 2% and is vested immediately – its automatically yours.
- 9 company paid holidays
- Generous PTO Packages starting at 15 PTO days
- 2 Paid Mission Days for volunteer work
- Company provided uniforms and shoes (for Greenhouse Employees)