About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Data Analyst; Location: Ames, IA
This is an on-site role.
Pivot Bio is looking for a data analyst who will work with a team to produce data and insights required to make strategic decisions. In this role, you will define the data requirements and reporting infrastructure to accelerate sales growth and improve sales rep productivity. The focus of this work will be designing and executing strategic reporting initiatives as well as providing operational and analytical support for high-growth sales segments.
- Collaborate with leadership, product, analytics, engineering, and operations teams to identify, define and launch strategic and operational data science initiatives to scale our business
- Manage the key metrics (KPIs) of the business and product
- Ensure product areas are performing in line with our high expectations and be able to identify, diagnose and recommend projects to improve our performance
- Identify expansions of our business and new opportunities for investment
- Identify operational efficiencies to the business that will enable scale
- Own the end-to-end execution of projects by working with a broad cross-functional team
- Design product experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions
- Provide recommendations to assist quick product ideation and feature launch decisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience working within an analytical role. An advanced degree in a technical field such as MIS, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or Engineering would be a plus.
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL queries such as using aggregate functions and all types of joins using Hadoop, Hive and Presto.
- Proficiency in using Tableau for visualization.
- Proficiency in advanced experimental designing, testing, and analysis
- Experience with statistical modelling and coding with Python and R
- Experience with web/app user engagement and funnel conversion
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, learn and act quickly, making decisions, drawing conclusions in the face of ambiguity and deliver quality results
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with Ag related industry
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet seasonal demands of the position which could include long days and weekend
- Must have valid driver's license
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team