About PatchTo achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon offset and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.About PositionWe're looking for a deeply analytical & creative thinker to kickstart our analytics efforts! In this role, you'll have the unique opportunity to lay the foundation for Analytics @ Patch, leveraging both technical & strategic skill sets to develop, analyze, and productize proprietary datasets & market insights. The carbon markets are a treasure trove of untapped insights across the value chain -- we couldn't think of a more fun, interesting, & impactful way to spend a summer!
What You’ll Do:
- Build & maintain Patch datasets that leverage both internal & public-facing market data sources.
- Lead customer discovery calls across our partner set to understand what data products can better serve them.
- Analyze & synthesize these datasets to provide valuable insights to our partners & broader stakeholders.
- Develop product roadmaps alongside Product @ Patch to deliver insights in impactful & scalable ways.
- Support cross-functional Patch teams as they leverage Analytics @ Patch to make data-backed decisions.
- Identify opportunities for deeper data-integration across the Patch platform & ecosystem.
- Create a long-term roadmap for Analytics @ Patch as the market & platform continues scaling.
- Build deep & lasting relationships within Patch and across the carbon markets value chain.
Who You Are:
- Proven track-record & passion for creating, driving, and delivering data-backed decisions and outputs.
- A creative and collaborative problem solver, from database structuring to insight delivery.
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills.
- Extremely responsive. Things move quickly when you’re scaling from 0 to 1.
- An expert at synthesizing insights for cross-functional integration and understanding.
- Results-driven and restless until the job is done.
- Mission-driven and motivated about putting in hours that will do good for the world.
- Have a strong willingness and curiosity to learn about new industries, technologies, and strategies.
- High adversity quotient! The biggest endeavors come with exciting challenges at every turn.
What Sets You Apart:
- Comfort working with and across large databases and complex data structures
- Experience with data processing & statistical languages such as SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Understanding of web scraping languages, tools, and libraries (HTML-focused, BeautifulSoup, etc.)
- Knowledge of various data mining techniques, such as GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, etc.
- Ability to integrate & interpret data from third-party data providers
- Excellent verbal and written (memos, presentations) synthesize skills for data-based roles
- At Patch, we're building the software infrastructure for a sustainable economy - an infrastructure that will help unlock giga-tonne scale carbon removal and ultimately play a role in mitigating the most drastic effects of global warming.
- Beyond our mission, we're committed to building a world-class culture that you can thrive in!
- Competitive compensation & meaningful equity
- Holistic wellness benefits, including a monthly wellness stipend
- Remote-friendly work place for changing times
- Low-ego & hyper-collaborative culture
- Time-off as needed vacation policy
- Growth mindsets & a healthy feedback approach
Commitment to Diversity:Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. #LI-Remote