Voltus is looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us bring the next generation of Voltus product to life. You’ll build tools that help us bring our growing stash of energy data to life, tools that let us better communicate with our customers, and tools that allow our sales team to make the best possible proposals, to just name a few. You’ll work closely with our Product team to define and scope projects, and you’ll work closely with our frontend engineers and designers to make our applications come to life. You’re interested in diving into the detailed world of the energy industry and would jump at the opportunity to turn that knowledge into beautiful, performant applications. You are bright, gritty, and good, and you want to work with others like you.This job is remote, however you must be within 4 hours of North American Eastern Time - GMT-1 to GMT-9
What You'll Do
- Write server-side code in Python and Go to process and serve our ever growing pile of electricity demand data and market intelligence.
- Work collaboratively with the Product team and frontend engineers to scope project requirements, and create project plans.
- Build robust, reliable, and performant consumer facing services.
- Contribute to shared tooling and infrastructure.
- Work independently and thoughtfully allocate time among projects.
What's Important to Us
- Self initiated and curious, someone who is always looking for ways to improve our applications and infrastructure.
- Can work independently and thoughtfully allocate time among projects.
- Communicates well with others, especially important in a remote team.
- Interested in building positive and welcoming engineering culture.
- Cares about the environmental impact of reduced energy use.
- Interested in learning more about the energy industry.
- Experience working in an agile, team environment.
What's Not Important to Us
- Having a CS or engineering degree
- Having lots of github contributions
Some Technologies We Use
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.
- Flask, Goa, gRPC, React
- Postgres, Redis, S3, Kafka, InfluxDB
- AWS, Docker, Nomad, Terraform
Building Automation Systems, Building Retrofitting, Distributed Energy Storage, Grid Flexibility, Net Zero Buildings, Smart Thermostats, Utility-Scale Energy Storage, Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics