Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $360M to date.Role Description
We are seeking an experienced experimental scientist to join the internal Form Futures group, with a small team of creative innovators who are researching next-generation cell designs and chemistries. This could include working on future concepts for our iron-air system or working on new chemistries. The ideal candidate will help define and plan a project and dive into hands-on lab work and may later hire and/or manage other scientists. This scientist will bring experience using and developing electrochemical and materials characterization techniques to assess, understand, and improve early prototype performance. This candidate is creative, safety-conscious, and works with attention to details, to documentation, and to learning.
What You'll Do:
- Help drive decision-making on new chemistries
- Define and plan a new project
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate a new system
- Characterize electrochemical cells in order to build mechanistic understanding of the system
- Use JMP and Python to analyze data
What You'll Bring:
- PhD or equivalent experience in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or similar field
- 2+ years experience post-PhD, preferably including work in industry
- Experience with electrochemical testing and materials characterization
- Experience working on multiple kinds of electrochemical systems
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page. At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.