Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants.Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team, we’re inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the negative environmental or public health impact.Our flagship product, ImpossibleTM Burger, uses 96% less land, 87% less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning. We’re working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for people and the planet. Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based revolution – from discovery and innovation to commercial production and consumer education. We’re building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists, and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these attributes in their work every day. Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it). Check out our job opening below:You will collaborate on the creation of functional specifications for new and existing systems. You will lead projects, implement automation changes, and help facilitate upgrades. You will work multi-functionally with Internal and External Engineering teams to ensure complete and accurate information is being provided. You will work with Manufacturing and Engineering teams to develop and improve processes at all levels of the organization.
- Develop Functional Specifications & PLC code
- Perform PLC configuration and validation
- Create HMIs with design to optimize data exchange and general system usability.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications in regards to automation and data
- Define project electrical and controls technical requirements; employing standards & engaging cross -functionally with internal technical teams.
- Understand PIDs, BFDs, and Mass Balance studies
- Create or expand internal control standards; exploiting existing solutions and established industrial standards.
- Champion controls safety design and assess systems to PLC / SIL 2 safety levels; crafting comprehensive safe systems from hardware selection, installation and safety programs.
- Help develop RFPs and RFQs for equipment and materials
- Collaborate with manufacturing plants across the organization
- Champion a collaborative learning environment and mentor junior engineers
- Travel up to 25% for FATs and plant trials
- BS in an Engineering field, Electrical or Automation preferred
- 5 to 8 years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Applications
- Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
- Advanced proficiency in programming industrial process and manufacturing equipment. Experience in food manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in leading projects from concept through validation: schedule development, equipment specification, installation, commissioning, qualification, and verification
- Experience with PLC & server Architecture and various automation platforms;
- Wonder ware/OSI PI, Rockwell, Delta V, SCADA, etc with user interface and user experience
- Experience designing and programming control systems from the ground up, as well as updating existing systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving through a data based approach
At Impossible Foods, safety is our priority. Our obligation to our employees (and their families and communities) includes providing a fully vaccinated workplace. It is widely recognized that vaccination is by far the safest and most effective tool for protecting ourselves and our community against the spread of Covid-19. For the sake of our employees, their families, and communities, Impossible Foods will require vaccination by February 1, 2022 for all US-based employees who are on-site at one of IF’s facilities or co-manufacturing facilities; are in a position that requires them to be in person with co-workers, customers, clients, or contractors; or are traveling on behalf of the Company, including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.