Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants.Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team, we’re inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the negative environmental or public health impact.Our flagship product, ImpossibleTM Burger, uses 96% less land, 87% less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning. We’re working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for people and the planet. Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based revolution – from discovery and innovation to commercial production and consumer education. We’re building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists, and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these attributes in their work every day. Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it). Check out our job opening below:The Quality Assurance Specialist supports critical food safety and quality programs. They will manage, trend, and communicate product statuses cross-functionally, following Food Safety Plan requirements. They will be responsible for leading the trending, communication, and corrective action documentation for line quality data, providing roll outs of new or updated line quality requirements. They will work with cross functional teams to address supplier related issues through our supplier corrective action requests. They will support SQF, FSMA, and GMP requirements, assisting in audit preparation. This position will provide plant trial support and will be a back-up technician for the QA lab as requested.
- Perform traceability exercises on requested product(s) and lead mock traceability exercises
- Lead management of product status in ERP system for ingredients, intermediates, and finished goods
- Review and signoff Food Safety Plan documentation records
- Collaborate with production and warehouse to update stock quantities as it relates to quality functions and inspections
- Provide quality representation on cross functional supply chain and accounting meetings
- Trend quality data and lead reviews with stakeholders to identify and close gaps
- Evaluate and report weekly and monthly performance as well as root cause analysis and CAPA follow ups for incidents
- Participate and lead root cause analysis exercises
- Roll out new and updated quality checks and initiatives in plant
- Build and update training content in LMS for plant and communicate and present material at production shift meetings
- Support compliance, monitoring, and trending of key programs, such as GMP, Pest Prevention, Internal Auditing, and Calibration.
- Support Corrective and Preventive Action and Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) programs
- Act as backup for QA Technicians as needed
- Participate in lean continuous improvement projects
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across organization through effective & timely communication.
- Generate value for Impossible Foods by anticipating, analyzing, solving and preventing problems
- Encourage others to build and achieve goals, share information, and break down silos.
- BS in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related field
- Work Experience: 2-3 years of food safety/quality assurance in food manufacturing required
- Knowledge of GMPs and Sanitation basics
- Experience with ERP product status management and principles of traceability
- Experience with root cause analysis tools and principles
- Experience with 3rd party laboratories and microbiological testing for food products and environmental monitoring testing
- Experience with environmental monitoring programs
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, HACCP, and GFSI scheme standards
- Excellent collaborative, reporting, and communication skills.
At Impossible Foods, safety is our priority. Our obligation to our employees (and their families and communities) includes providing a fully vaccinated workplace. It is widely recognized that vaccination is by far the safest and most effective tool for protecting ourselves and our community against the spread of Covid-19. For the sake of our employees, their families, and communities, Impossible Foods will require vaccination by February 1, 2022 for all US-based employees who are on-site at one of IF’s facilities or co-manufacturing facilities; are in a position that requires them to be in person with co-workers, customers, clients, or contractors; or are traveling on behalf of the Company, including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.