It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations. We are seeking an intelligent, enthusiastic, motivated Lab Technician to join our Fermentation team. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to contribute to a small team in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment. This position will help execute fermentation operations and assist with other laboratory-related tasks. This position is an early shift with weekend coverage (Thursday – Monday).
- Preparation, sterilization, set up and tear down of bench-scale fermentation tank and associate equipment.
- Following standard operating procedures and batch records to ensure proper execution of experiments.
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment i.e. pH probes and pumps.
- Aseptic preparation of seed trains and sampling.
- Experimental monitoring and routine assays.
- Recordkeeping includes raw data, calibrations, inventory, and repairs.
- Media and consumable preparation.
- Maintain safe practices and work environment.
Attend scrum and shift change meetings. Ability to follow standard operating procedures and verbal instructions.Competencies
The flexible mindset to shifting priorities. Proven track record of working with minimal supervision. Strong communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, or life sciences or Associates degree with equivalent work experience
- 3+ months hands-on work experience in the laboratory, food service, or equivalent industry.
- Preference is given to individuals with lab experience in the following areas: fermentation, sterile technique, media preparation, sample preparation, assay execution, ability to follow standard operating procedures, and overall biotech industry experience
- Preference given to hires with earlier start dates (not willing to wait for the student to graduate in 2 months).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with Smartsheet a plus.
Physical Requirements and Additional Needs:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods at a given time; reach, climb, kneel, bend, push and/or pull, and at times lift objects as heavy as 25 lbs.
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!