Zoox is looking for an embedded software engineer to join our Firmware Drive Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for embedded software development for the driving-related functions and sub-systems of the Zoox vehicle. This work includes throttle, braking, steering, a variety of operator controls, integration of supplier systems, coordination and control of all driving sub-systems, and low-level vehicle controls. You will work closely with vehicle engineers, systems engineers, controls engineers, and suppliers to ensure the Zoox vehicle can drive safely and reliably. We are looking for people who are passionate about working with hardware and developing production-quality code for complex dynamic systems.
- Design, develop, and test embedded software for controlling the Zoox vehicle
- Integrate supplier sub-systems into the Zoox software stack, including defining requirements and interfaces, leading software technical communication, and supporting on-site testing and integration.
- Create software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Work cross-functionally with vehicle engineers, controls engineers, systems engineers, validation engineers, and other experts to ensure safe and robust operation of the Zoox vehicle
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, validation, and support
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing real-time embedded software for distributed electro-mechanical systems
- Strong embedded C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with embedded micro-controllers and microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC)
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Understanding of EV sub-systems, sensors and actuators, and automotive communication protocols
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics and control systems
- Experience with CAN, LIN analysis, and debugging tools (PCAN, CANalyzer, CANape, etc.)
- Experience with real-time operating systems (POSIX, QNX, FreeRTOS)
- Familiarity with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.