Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are an established program owner who loves optimizing processes by constantly designing, experimenting, and iterating. You effectively balance building long term solutions to fully eliminate the issue with creating near term stopgap solutions. In partnership with Operations, Product, Data Science and Quality Assurance, you will drive company-wide efficiency and service improvements. You’re knowledgeable about a variety of continuous improvement methods and have experience working cross-functionally to solve problems with product and process changes. You use data to tackle broad, ambiguous questions to ensure a best-in-class experience for Convoy’s shippers and carriers. You can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment and are excited to help Convoy improve operational processes. If you think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Own key operational metrics and create a multi-quarter roadmap that iteratively optimizes execution within Convoy’s shared work model.
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor operations performance. Perform complex data research to identify opportunities and inform priorities.
- Head cross-functional efforts to identify the biggest opportunities to reduce costs, root cause problems, identify data needs, and implement product or process changes to fix them. Play a key role in driving a culture of process improvement and operational excellence.
- Design and execute experiments to test new operational processes and best practices.
- Innovate on behalf of our operations associates to ensure that the programs you are driving maximize their mindshare by empowering the operations team with the tools, time, and focus to constantly exceed our customers’ expectations.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, Transportation or other quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience in process improvement, program management, operations, logistics, manufacturing, or a similar field.
- The ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete solutions.
- Skilled experience at leveraging Excel or Google Sheets to research business information, create dashboards, and track key business metrics. SQL, statistical tools, and Tableau experience preferred.
- A track record of tangible results piloting and implementing processes in Operations.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Experience in a variety of process design and improvement techniques.
- Sound organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience in a startup environment (preferred).
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!